This faint star is a constant in the northern night sky. We can only fathom the power and eternity that it represents. Our NorthStar logo is our symbol of strength and direction beyond ourselves. As your chosen dentist in Huntersville, NC, our inspiration is to professionally and personally attend to those who entrust us with their smiles.
Meet Our Exceptional Dentists
in Huntersville, NC
AACD accreditation • Dental implants expert • Therapy dog
Dr. Merrill recognizes dentistry is a personalized experience, which is why he's pursued extensive training to become an AACD accredited cosmetic dentist.
Are you missing teeth? Having issues eating and speaking with confidence? Dr. Bunn can restore your smile with permanent natural-looking dental implants to replace broken or missing teeth.
Dental fear doesn't stand a chance! If you have dental anxiety, our miniature long-haired dachshund is standing by, ready to snuggle on your lap. P.S. Dr. Steve takes ear scratching and belly rubs as payment.
Feel Safe & Cared for by Your Huntersville Dentist
NorthStar Dentistry for Adults is different from other Huntersville dentists. We specialize in dental treatments for mature individuals that other dentists may find too challenging. Our foundation of trust and quality care positions us as a top dentist in the area. While we’re experts, we also cater to your needs by combating many dental barriers.
Be pampered in our cozy office
Going to the dentist shouldn’t be stressful. At our practice, it definitely won’t be. Our dental office will feel like a safe haven. A little slice of peaceful relaxation. Not what you’d typically expect at the dentist’s office. With soothing aromas, sounds of a crackling fire in a fireplace, and of course, a pleasant conversation with our friendly staff, you will feel like you are at home. We even have a therapy dog to make sure all of our patients are relaxed and comfortable.
We go the extra mile to make sure you not only have a beautiful smile to be proud of, but a positive and memorable experience in our office.
- With natural lighting, earth tones, and the aroma of freshly baked bread, you will feel like you are entering our cozy home – not a clinical dental office
- We’ve created an atmosphere geared towards comfort and convenience
- Relax in our plush leather armchairs, sip a cup of tea, coffee or cocoa, and even charge your phone with one of our universal phone chargers
Making your dental visits convenient
We know you’re busy. You don’t want to spend hours in the dental chair. This is why we’ve taken extra steps to work within your schedule. You can achieve the smile of your dreams without missing a beat! What can you expect?
- Early morning, lunch, and evening appointments
- Same-day appointments available
- Prompt emergency care to keep you out of pain
- Easy access to our dental building, located between Novant Hospital and EarthFare
Treating the whole person, not just the tooth
Your oral and overall health are connected. That’s why we take a proactive approach to your dental health to make sure it looks and feels good. How do we do this?
- Emphasizing the importance of preventative dentistry
- Relieve headache, neck, and jaw pain with TMJ treatment
- Combat snoring with sleep apnea treatment
Weighted blankets for your comfort.
Cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized specialty like an orthodontist or periodontist, but you deserve one who treats it like it is. That’s why Dr. Merrill has dedicated his time to achieve AACD accreditation status. He’s one of only three dentists in the Huntersville area who has completed extensive education to be recognized as an accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- What does AACD accreditation mean?
- The process begins with a written examination
- Completing workshops and written tests concerning a series of cases that include varying degrees of complex cosmetic situations
- Submission of clinical cases for review
- Invitation to a final oral examination where a dentist is asked questions about diagnosis, treatment planning, materials, and techniques
After successfully passing the oral exam, the dentist becomes an Accredited Member of the AACD. The entire program takes years to complete. Through the continuing education and mentoring opportunities available, AACD Accredited Dentists keep improving their skills.
- Why choose an AACD Accredited Cosmetic Dentist? Choosing the right cosmetic dentist can help you avoid heartbreak, short-lived restorations, expensive recovery, and an embarrassing smile. Every AACD Accredited Dentist shares a passion for new technologies and procedures to achieve the best possible results for their patients. You can have confidence knowing your AACD Accredited Dentist is one of the best cosmetic dentists in the field, with the skills, experience, and knowledge to present the best treatment solution possible.
Utilizing modern techniques and technology, Dr. Bunn can restore and keep your smile strong and healthy! As well as being focused on restorative dentistry with dental implants, Dr. Bunn has exceptional education and experience to ensure all of your dental treatments are done with the utmost care.
He wants to ensure the quality of your oral health and keep you smiling throughout life and makes it a priority to help his patients feel they are a part of the family at our office.
Dr. Steve is the therapy dog at NorthStar Dentistry for Adults, which means his job is to provide comfort and reassurance for patients who are nervous or apprehensive at the dentist.
He’s always hard at work snuggling on our patients’ laps during treatment. Fair warning: You might find him taking breaks (*cough* sleeping *cough*) in random spots around our office.
Whether you have dental anxiety or not, Dr. Steve is ready to nurture you. Cuteness is the best medicine, after all!
Exceptional Dentistry for Adults
Preventative care is essential to keep your new smile beautiful and healthy. We offer routine dental cleanings and exams for adults.
You deserve to smile with confidence! We provide life-changing cosmetic dentistry tailored to your specific needs and personality.
We're not afraid to take on complex smile cases. Our experience and expertise can restore your smile's beauty and functionality.
Have questions about your smile? Curious how we can make improvements? Ask all your questions in the comforts of your home with a virtual consultation. It's easy to set up:
Cozy up and relax. Serving North Carolina, we’re confident you’re going to love your dental visits.