At NorthStar Dentistry for Adults, your needs are our guiding purpose. Our experienced and friendly dental team is committed to ensuring you have a hassle-free dental experience from the moment you arrive.
From the aroma of fresh-baked bread to the complimentary hot beverages and plush chairs, you’ll be greeted with the comfort of home and attentive care.
We believe in removing any barriers that may prevent you from achieving optimal oral health. Our commitment to quality care has positioned us as a top dentist in Huntersville, NC.
Meet Our Exceptional Dentists
in Huntersville, NC
AACD accreditation • Dental implants expert • Therapy dog
AACD Accredited Cosmetic Dentist
General Dentist & Dental Implants Expert
Dr. Bunn compliments his general and cosmetic dentistry skills with advanced training in dental implants. His expertise can restore your smile using natural-looking dental implants that provide a permanent solution for broken or missing teeth.
Therapy Dog (Personal Cuddle Buddy)
Overcoming dental fear is possible with Dr. Steve’s help! If you experience anxiety before dental appointments, our miniature long-haired dachshund is expertly trained to snuggle up on your lap and provide comfort. Additionally, Dr. Steve gladly accepts ear scratches and belly rubs as forms of payment.
Feel Safe & Cared for by Your Huntersville Dentist
NorthStar Dentistry for Adults is different from other Huntersville dentists. We specialize in dental treatments for mature individuals that other dentists may find too challenging. Our foundation of trust and quality care positions us as a top dentist in the area. While we’re experts, we also cater to your needs by combating any dental barriers.
Be pampered in our cozy office!
Going to the dentist shouldn’t be stressful. At our practice, it definitely won’t be. Our office will feel like a safe haven–a home away from home. Not what you’d typically expect at the dentist’s office, we provide a little slice of peaceful relaxation. With soothing aromas, a crackling fire in a fireplace, and of course, pleasant conversation with our friendly staff, you will feel like you are at home. We even have a therapy dog to make sure all of our patients are relaxed and comfortable.
We go the extra mile to make sure you not only have a beautiful smile to be proud of but a positive and memorable experience in our office.
- With natural lighting, warm earth tones, and the aroma of freshly-baked bread, you will feel like you are entering our cozy home – not a clinical dental office
- We’ve created an atmosphere geared toward comfort and convenience
- Relax in our plush leather armchairs, sip a cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa, and even charge your phone with one of our universal phone chargers
Making your dental visits convenient.
We know you’re busy. You don’t want to spend hours in the dental chair. This is why we’ve taken extra steps to work within your schedule. You can achieve the smile of your dreams without missing a beat! What you can expect:
- Early morning, lunch, and evening appointments
- Same-day appointments available
- Prompt emergency care to keep you out of pain
- Easy access to our dental building, located between Novant Hospital and EarthFare
Treating the whole person, not just the tooth.
Your oral and overall health are connected. That’s why we take a holistic, proactive approach to your dental health to make sure it looks and feels good but also functions well. How we do this:
- Emphasizing the importance of preventative dentistry
- Relieve headache, neck, and jaw pain with TMJ treatment
- Combat snoring with sleep apnea treatment
Weighted blankets for your comfort.
Cosmetic dentistry is not a recognized specialty like an orthodontist or periodontist, but you deserve one who treats it like it is. That’s why Dr. Merrill has dedicated his time to achieving AACD accreditation status. He’s one of only three dentists in the Huntersville area who has completed extensive education to be recognized as an accredited American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry member
- What does AACD accreditation mean?
- The process begins with a written examination
- Completing workshops and written tests concerning a series of cases that include varying degrees of complex cosmetic situations
- Submission of clinical cases for review
- Invitation to a final oral examination where a dentist is asked questions about diagnosis, treatment planning, materials, and techniques
After successfully passing the oral exam, the dentist becomes an Accredited Member of the AACD. The entire program takes years to complete. Through the continuing education and mentoring opportunities available, AACD Accredited Dentists keep improving their skills.
- Why choose an AACD Accredited Cosmetic Dentist? Choosing the right cosmetic dentist can help you avoid heartbreak, short-lived restorations, expensive recovery, and an embarrassing smile. Every AACD Accredited Dentist shares a passion for new technologies and procedures to achieve the best possible results for their patients. You can have confidence knowing your AACD Accredited Dentist is one of the best cosmetic dentists in the field, with the skills, experience, and knowledge to present the best treatment solution possible.
Utilizing modern techniques and technology, Dr. Bunn can restore and keep your smile strong and healthy! As well as being focused on restorative dentistry with dental implants, Dr. Bunn has exceptional education and experience to ensure all of your dental treatments are done with the utmost care.
He wants to ensure the quality of your oral health and keep you smiling throughout life and makes it a priority to help his patients feel they are a part of the family at our office.
Dr. Steve is the therapy dog at NorthStar Dentistry for Adults, which means his job is to provide comfort and reassurance for patients who are nervous or apprehensive at the dentist.
He’s always hard at work snuggling on our patients’ laps during treatment. Fair warning: You might find him taking breaks (*cough* sleeping *cough*) in random spots around our office.
Whether you have dental anxiety or not, Dr. Steve is ready to nurture you. Cuteness is the best medicine, after all!
Exceptional Dentistry for Adults
Dental Office Comfort
At our dental office, we prioritize your comfort and strive to make your visit as relaxing as possible.
From comfortable seating to calming music, our office is designed to help you feel at ease during your appointment.
Help with Dental Anxiety
If you feel anxious about dental visits, we offer sedation options to help you relax and feel more comfortable during your appointment.
Our compassionate team understands dental anxiety and is here to support you every step of the way.
Meet Steve, our furry friend who helps alleviate anxiety and provide comfort to our patients during their appointments.
Our K9-11 special helper is supper happy to assist with dental anxiety and create a calming environment for our patients.
This faint star is a constant in the northern night sky. We can only fathom the power and eternity that it represents. Our NorthStar logo is the symbol that inspires strength and direction beyond ourselves. As your chosen dentist in Huntersville, NC, our inspiration is to professionally attend to those who entrust us with their smiles.