Dental Implants for Huntersville, NC
Restore the beauty and function of your smile!
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a long-lasting and beautiful solution for missing teeth.
When a tooth is missing, the underlying bone that supported the tooth is lost too. A dental implant replaces the missing tooth root by integrating with the bone. This gives it the advantage of being able to strengthen and stabilize the bone, something that other dental restorations cannot do.
A dental implant is made of three parts:
Why Our Patients Are Choosing Dental Implants
Here are just a few of the benefits that make dental implants the best option for missing teeth.
What's It Like to Get a Dental Implant?
Why Choose NorthStar Dentistry for Adults?
Our Implantologist, Dr. Bunn, has advanced training in placing dental implants in Huntersville, NC
We work with industry leaders when it comes to implant technology and innovation. This allows us to continue to provide excellent results with faster healing times for our patients. Also, we can offer our patients the convenience of being able to complete their implant treatment – both surgical and restorative – right here in our office. There’s no need for the added expense and time to go to an outside provider. Our friendly and supportive team will hold your hand through the entire process!
When it comes to dental implants, you want an expert you can trust to do the job right. Dr. Bunn has had advanced training in both the placement and restoration of dental implants:
‘‘Absolutely amazing! I have never had a good experience with dentists, but Dr. Bunn and his staff completely changed that. I felt so relaxed and comfortable. They have made me want to smile again! ’’
Caryn O., (5-Star Google Review)
‘‘Amazing experience from beginning to end. Dr. Bunn, Amber, and Michele are so kind and caring. Best dental experience ever! Every person in the office is top notch. Would highly recommend them.’’
Jacqui K., (5-Star Google Review)
‘‘Awesome customer service and dental care! I now love going to the dentist! ’’
Natalie B., (5-Star Google Review)
FAQs About Dental Implants
- Will dental implant treatment be painful? All work is done with anesthetics and in some cases sedation techniques so patients do not have to feel or experience any discomfort through treatment.
Patients can expect relatively short appointments with no procedure or healing discomfort following dental implant therapy. Most patients finish the process telling us that it has been one of the more comfortable dental experiences they’ve been through.
- How long does treatment with dental implants take? The process has shortened considerably because implants and materials continue to improve since their first introduction decades ago. Dental implants for most of our Huntersville patients will have shorter treatment appointments than they have experienced in the past for dental work such as crowns and root canals.
The actual length of treatment time is also affected by other factors, such as:
- Is a bone graft necessary to place the implant?
- How many teeth are being implanted?
- Individual healing time.
Generally, the actual placement of the implant post takes just one office visit. Time is needed for this to heal and integrate with the bone. This process can take a few months. Once the healing is complete, the abutment is placed, and soon after that, the implant is finished off with a crown.
- Aren't implants very expensive? Today, the implant process has become much more affordable for patients as it has become our first choice when it comes to replacing missing teeth.
Also, providing the implant therapy start to finish in one office helps us to reduce the overall cost for patients. In some cases, the implant could have similar prices to other tooth replacement options.
- Who is a good candidate for dental implants? Dental implants are a great solution for most people. We can successfully place implants in patients who have:
- One or more missing teeth
- Healthy gum tissue
- A sufficient and healthy jawbone to support the implant. If not available, a bone graft may be necessary.
- General good health
Dr. Bunn and his team will be happy to help you determine if dental implants are the right option for you.