John Merrill, expert dentist in Huntersville, wants to help you discover if you suffer from Sleep Apnea, and how EASY it is to control! Get To Know Your Dentists in Huntersville.
Find Relief with Dr. Merrill
The CPAP machine has been the traditional method used for treating sleep apnea, but many find this treatment disruptive and the needed machine and oxygen mask cumbersome.The American Academy of Sleep Medicine designated dental oral sleep appliances as the # 1 nonsurgical alternative for the CPAP intolerant.
Doctor Merrill recently completed training with the doctors of the Carolinas HealthCare System in using new CPAP alternatives such as oral sleep appliances to effectively treat sleep apnea for those who are CPAP intolerant.
A special sonar machine called a pharyngometer is used to measure the oropharyngeal airway. It is measured with and without your custom designed oral appliance to help Dr. Merrill customizes the appliance to correctly and comfortably open your airway.
Sleep Apnea is linked to sudden cardiac death, which is responsible for
450,000 Deaths Per Year!
DON’T IGNORE THE SNORE!
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Does snoring complicate your personal relationships?
- Do you ever fall asleep at traffic lights, only to be awakened by the honking cars behind you?
- Are you having difficulty losing weight?
- Are you waking up with headaches or a dry mouth and throat?
These questions – and many other signs – will help to identify if you have Sleep Apnea.
Your Huntersville Dentist is specially trained to help improve your quality of life. Download our FREE eBook to find out how!
Reclaim your Sleep!
To help us find a solution that fits, please fill out this form and bring it to the office.
(It’s really easy, we promise.)
“What Can I Expect?”
Our team at Northstar Dentistry for Adults will take care of you!
Our comfortable and relaxing environment is designed with adults in mind.
Dr. Merrill and his highly qualified team care about YOU and YOUR health!
We will find a solution that is easy and customized to your unique needs.
5 Steps in Understanding the Anatomy of a Sleep Apnea Episode
- As airflow stops during a sleep apnea episode, the oxygen level in your blood drops.
- Your brain responds by briefly disturbing your sleep enough to kick start breathing — which often resumes with a gasp or a choking sound.
- If you have obstructive sleep apnea, you probably won’t remember these awakenings. Most of the time, you’ll stir just enough to tighten your throat muscles and open your windpipe.
- In central sleep apnea, you may be conscious of your awakenings.
- This can occur hundreds of times each night!
The resulting LACK OF OXYGEN can heighten your risk of stroke, cardiovascular disease, and other heart conditions.
On top of this, it can also accelerate the aging process, compromise your safety, health and overall quality of life.
Take the Epworth Sleepiness Scale Test to assess your risk!